Wednesday, February 17, 2010

DJ Premier on Big L's 11th Year of Passing

"I do not like to put my productions on a pedestal since I respect the work of others for my inspiration... But as a fan of hip hop and as a person who respects and lives the culture, I have to be honest based on my taste in the music that I buy, and what I love to blast when I drive around nodding my head to that hardcore shit... I have so many memories of the songs that Big L made when we were in the studio doing the D.I.T.C. sessions... Watching Big L and Showbiz arguing over Malcolm X while we were waiting for Fat Joe to get to the studio to cut vocals for "The Enemy" to name a few... Big L had such a sense of humor reminiscent to Biggie... They were both naturals at being funny and making you laugh non stop without trying to be... I miss them both since I knew them personally and witnessed greatness in my lifetime of recording music professionally... Shouts to his brother Big Don, and R.I.P. to his mother "Pinky" and his brother "Big Lee"... Also shout to Rich King... Flamboyant for life..." -DJ Premier

Preems's Picks:
  1. D.I.T.C. - The Enemy
  2. Big L - Ebonics
  3. Lord Finesse - Yes, You May (Remix)
  4. D.I.T.C. - Day One
  5. Big L - Casualties Of A Dice Game
  6. Big L - The Big Picture Intro
  7. D.I.T.C. - Way of Life
  8. Big L - Platinum Plus (Feat. Big Daddy Kane)
  9. D.I.T.C. - Thick
  10. Big L - Put It On (LG Remix) (Feat. Kid Capri)